|Name: Tetracycline PPT Material
File Type: Presentation Slide(PPT)
Tetracycline (INN) is a broad-spectrum polyketide antibiotic produced by the Streptomyces genus of Actinobacteria, indicated for use against many bacterial infections. It is a protein synthesis inhibitor. It is commonly used to treat acne today, and, more recently, rosacea, and played a historical role in reducing the incidence of mortality because of cholera.
Are as those of the tetracycline antibiotics group:
- Can stain developing teeth (even when taken by the mother during pregnancy)
- Can cause permanent teeth discoloration (yellow-gray-brown); infancy and childhood to eight years old
- Inactivated by Ca2+ ion, not to be taken with milk, yogurt, and other dairy products
- Inactivated by aluminium, iron and zinc, not to be taken at the same time as indigestion remedies
- Inactivated by common antacids and over-the-counter heartburn medicines
- Skin photosensitivity; exposure to the sun or intense light is not recommended
- Drug-induced lupus, and hepatitis
- Can induce microvesicular fatty liver.
- May interfere with methotrexate by displacing it from the various protein binding sites
- Can cause breathing complications as well as anaphylactic shock in some individuals
- Should be avoided during pregnancy as it may affect bone growth of the fetus
- Passes into breast milk and is harmful to breast-fed infants, and should therefore be avoided during breastfeeding if possible
Since tetracycline is absorbed into bone, it is used as a marker of bone growth for biopsies in humans. Tetracycline labeling is used to determine the amount of bone growth within a certain period of time, usually a period of approximately 21 days.Tetracycline is incorporated into mineralizing bone and can be detected by its fluorescence. In double tetracycline labeling, a second dose is given 11-14 days after the first dose, and the amount of bone formed during that interval can be calculated by measuring the distance between the two fluorescent labels.
Get more information about Side effects and uses of Tetracycline on Tetracycline PowerPoint.
Incoming search terms:tetracycline ppt, ppt antibiotic teeramycin, terramycin antibiotic ppt first slide, terramycin ppt slide, tetracycline antibiotic ppt
Tags: actinobacteria, broad spectrum, common antacids, drug induced lupus, fatty liver, free download of slide of tetracycline, infancy and childhood, milk yogurt, ppt of tetracycline, ppt of tetracycline antibiotic, protein binding, protein synthesis, tetracycline antibiotics, tetracycline ppt, tetracycline slide —